The job market — like everything else these days — feels uncertain. If you’re facing a furlough or job loss and wondering what comes next, growing your skills can prepare you for new things and help you bounce back. Many adult learners in the Fort Lauderdale area are turning to adult education classes at Broward Community Schools to learn Microsoft Office, or to brush up on skills that have gone rusty.
Learning Microsoft Office
Whether you’re working in an office, running a home business, or managing a side hustle, Microsoft Office helps you keep things on track and running smoothly. Our courses run the gamut so you get the most out of the entire Office suite whether you’re using a local installation (Microsoft Office 2019) or working in the cloud with Microsoft Office 365. From there, you can choose concentrations that teach you more about other functions available in this powerful software suite:
- Microsoft Word to author clean, professional-looking documents
- Microsoft Excel to manage and better understand data and numbers that drive business
- Microsoft Outlook for powerful email management
- Microsoft PowerPoint for eye-catching and memorable multimedia presentations
- Microsoft Access, Publisher, and Visio for applications ranging from database management to data visualization
Multiple Learning Options for Adult Learners
Not everyone learns best in the same ways, or at the same pace. That’s why we offer more than one way to learn Microsoft Office.
- Suites are instructor-led classes that are typically taken simultaneously in real time.
Wondering whether you’re ready? We require students to have passed Introduction to Computers, or to have equivalent real-world experience, so you can hit the ground running.
- Series may be led by an instructor, or they can be taken one after another at your own pace.
If you require an in-person experience, suites are helpful. On the other hand, if you like the freedom to breeze through the easy stuff and revisit what challenges you as often as you need to, a course series lets you set the pace.
The Broward Community Schools Advantage
A GED can unlock the door for many adult learners. But once you’ve already earned your GED, or if you’re a bit further along in life and wondering what comes next, you’ll find that the professional development courses available at Broward Community Schools open the door a bit wider. Go farther with the many classes available at our schools in Fort Lauderdale!